Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
Locations of visitors to this page

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi



WWW Iconochasm

Thursday, July 7

Unbloodied & Unbowed: 2 faces of 7/7

....Across the road, I saw the A6 coach. My heart leapt as I had taken it from Stansted Airport to Golders Green in the northwest after which it went to the centre. If I could get on I could get back to Golders Green. I waved the driver down. I got in expectantly but did not receive the reception I was expecting:

Me: Are you going to Golders Green?
Coach driver: No
Me: But aren't you going past it on the way to the airport?
Coach driver: It's closed.
Me: Couldn't you drop me off nearby. please?
Coach driver: I can't drop you off where you want. Don't you know what's going on?
Me: Are you going anywhere near Golders Green?
Coach driver: No

With that I slumped off the coach. Well, at least he stopped!!

As I stood planning my next move, I saw another A6 coach and my resolve prepared drove me to a second attempt to hitch a ride:

Me: Are you going to Golders Green?
Coach driver 2: Yes

Me: Can I get off there, please?
Coach driver 2: Yes

I got on gladly, just as the shower turned into a downpour.

By the time we reached Golders Green, I spied the first coach....

I got off and managed to get a bus a few minutes later.

A call to the office and a document was emailed to me by 2pm. No terrorist was going to stop me writing my reports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home