Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
Locations of visitors to this page

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi



WWW Iconochasm

Thursday, December 18

Egypt:: Diving Dahab

I've had a cold and a cough for the last few weeks, even before leaving London. I didn't want to dive as having my ears explode when unable to equalise or having a coughing fit at 18m depth is not much fun. Today is the last day we spend at the coast in Dahab, so as I got through breakfast without coughing, I decided to risk it. I phoned up the dive company and they said I could fit in 2 dives if i was quick.

I sauntered along the road to downtown Dahab and flagged down a Jeep.
I arrived at the dive centre and prepared for a refresher dive as I hadn't dived since January 2007 at the Great Barrier Reef. We entered the Lighthouse and refreshed some skills. We swam further and saw some coral and fish but not as spectacular a display as the time I snorkelled at the Blue Hole.

For the second dive, we went to Banner Fish Bay and we saw a blue trigger fish, a giant puffer fish, a scorpian devil fish, and a cornet fish. They were interesting but the quantity of fish was far lower than the Blue Hole. Towards the end of the dive, my ears started popping and I couldn't equalise properly.

After getting out of the water, I felt weak and my ears were suffering. Now, I have to face an 8 hour overnight bus journey back to Cairo, followed my a full day of market, museum and mosque visits.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home