Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
Locations of visitors to this page

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi



WWW Iconochasm

Wednesday, December 10

Egypt: Kom Ombo & Edfu Temples / Luxor

Today, we visited the Kom Ombo Temple. It had a couple of mummified crocodiles, which were worshipped as gods.

Then, we went tot he Edfu Temple, which was dedicated to the worship of Horus. Both had hieroglyphics but some were damaged. Edfu had characters depicting medical instruments.

In the afternoon, we travelled to Luxor. Y told us the hawkers were more persistent and more sexist. I went to the market and was hassled by a guy trying to sell me his jacket for 10 minutes. He followed me down the road. Another guy was trying to assist him then he tried to chase him away. Finally, he told me he was carriage driver 41 asked for money for chasing the jacket seller away.

There were fewer spice merchants in Luxor, compared to Aswan and more clothes sellers. There were also lots of people selling fruit & vegetables and some selling meat.

I was getting hungry so I went to a local fast-food chain outlet. They sold pizzas, fried chicken and filled baguettes. Most of these last had chicken or meatballs and cost over EGP20 but I found something for only EGP7.50 - fried liver. I had some and it was tasty, with green peppers.

In the evening, we went for dinner and I chose stuffed pigeon for its novelty value. Yes, it does taste like a fattier chicken and there was more rice than pigeon meat in the dish.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home