Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
Locations of visitors to this page

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi



WWW Iconochasm

Wednesday, May 24

London Korean Film Festival

Due to sponsorship, free Korean films were being shown at the Prince Charles Cinema near Leicester Square. The PCC shows films for as low as a quid.

I tried to see My Scary Girl (Delkom Salbeolhan Yeon-in). I arrived 1/2 hr before the film started and found the queue stretched down to Leicester Square, turned right and stretched towards the Swiss Centre. I joined the back, noting that about 1/2 the queuers were non-Korean. Apparently it had only just been released in its native country.

After waiting 1/2hr, I had nearly got to the front of the queue. There were 10 people in front of me. A cinema employee came out and said there was only 1 ticket. He asked if there were any individuals who wanted 1 ticked. The Chinese Australian screamed she was alone and was given the last ticket.

I waited 1hr in the pouring rain for the second film of the night. After I appealed to the festival organisers, they agreed to give out tickets 20min before the film started, allowing the audience to take cover from the downpour, for a while.

I managed to see See You After School (Bang-gwa-hoo Ock-sang). It's a remake of Three O'Clock High. A loser accidentally annoys the chief school bully and is challenged to a fight at the end of the school day. He tries everything to avoid be slaughtered in the fight. It's an above-average high school comedy. It made getting soaked worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home