Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
Locations of visitors to this page

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi



WWW Iconochasm

Thursday, February 8

Awesome Onsen

I have just been to the onsen (hot spring) at Nishi Otsu, 10 minutes from Kyoto by train.

The indoor spring area was 7m x 2.5m.

The outdoor spring area was about two-thirds of the size of the inner spring. Both had a lakeside view. I found both areas pleasantly warm but the inner area was very humid and it was difficult to breathe after more than 15 minutes. So, I retreated to the outer edges of the outer spring.




Afterwards, I had a fantastic meal experience during dinner. The dining room was warm and pleasant. It had wood-panelled walls and was complemented by the muted western classical CD soundtrack.

Being the only guests, my companion and I had excellent service and the 6 course menu comprised:
  • Fish - raw
  • Fish and a Prawn - raw
  • Fish & a Prawn - battered
  • Corn - in a soup
  • Beef - Teppanyaki (this was cooked to perfection as I had to cook it myself on the table-top frying pan)
  • Double Chocolate Mousse - dark chocolate as the base and light and fluffy milk chocolate above it
Each course was modest in size but was immaculately presented and had distinct flavours.


The onsen building itself was decorated with thick carpets and wood - panelled walls as well as an indoor, illuminated water feature. It conveyed a very relaxed atmosphere. Interestingly, the men wore western suits but the women wore eastern kimonos.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home