Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
Locations of visitors to this page

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi



WWW Iconochasm

Monday, March 20

Going off the grid

I'm going to Hat Yai today at 1300 with the plan of catching a bus to Pak Bara around 0700 and getting the 1030 boat to Ko Tarutao. Unfortunately, spontanaeity sucks and the sleepers are all booked up. I could take the chance of getting a later train with an expensive sleeper and risk missing the boat from Pak Bara to Ko Tarutao. Instead, I'll take the conservative option and opted for a sleepless seat on the early train.

As Ko Tarutao is a protected Marine National Park, there is no commercial development and the only accommodation is operated by the park rangers. Water is rationed and electricity is limited to the night-time hours. So, I doubt I'll have net access till get back to the mainland ie Hat Yai, on 24 March. Then, assuming I get the early morning boat from KT, I should be able to make the overnight train (hopefully the sleeper isn't booked-I can only book the train at Hat Yai) to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home